Skip to main content

Starbucks' Cinnamon Dolce Coffee



The coffee tasted for this critique is Starbucks’ Cinnamon Dolce. On opening the bag, the smell is pleasant. There is a smell of cinnamon that saturates the coffee aroma or the beans. Looking at the coffee, it has a medium grind. It is not as course as say, generic, mass produced, coffee in bulk plastic containers. When I pour water over it, the room is filled with an appetizing vapor that makes the bagels smell like a new delicacy. It is chocolate bagels with cinnamon coffee.

I drink my first cup with no sweetener. There is a lack of coarseness or bite that is familiar with generic coffee. Such a bite is often the case with convenience store coffees, but this cinnamon dolce has no harshness or bite. This is the case with special blends or the individual bags that people can buy at the grocery store. They are aside on the shelves from the coffees in bulk plastic containers. Starbucks’ Cinnamon Dolce, in my opinion, is a very good coffee. It has an organic cinnamon flavor with a smooth, palatable, coffee taste. I can sip it as well as take large drinks. That’s important when watching the news and consuming morning bakery goods.

When I add sweetener to my Cinnamon Dolce coffee, it is a different experience. The sweetener broadens the flavor of the cinnamon, making it more like a cloud of cake than an organic tea. To be more succinct, it is like sprinkling cinnamon on toast and then adding powdered sugar. Notice on the coffee bag that it says, “sweet and mellow notes.” This fits the description.

For a new and pleasurable coffee drinking experience I would suggest this coffee. I believe this coffee has staying power and I will buy it again. Until next time, enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Draft Mule, Runaway Wagon, Dark Roast Coffee

  For this tasting of Draft Mule, Runaway Wagon dark roast coffee I needed a second day to be sure of what I was experiencing. Draft Mule, dark roast coffee smells and appears reminiscent of coffee from a plastic tub. Its smell is innocuous in the bag, but when poured out is less than desirable. It is a coarse grind and is not what I would call a dark roast appearance. After pouring hot water through it, there is a dark tint rather than an opaque liquidity, like a good dark roast. The packaging is enticing, it made me want to try it. The package appears simple and practical, like a paper bag with a mule on the front. Draft Mule’s package is designed well; in fact, it is overengineered. Its graphics catch the eye because of how exact they are. The paper bag is actually a plastic insulated containment pouch with a pull tab that exposes a zip lock access hole. After scooping some of the coffee into my pour-over funnel I started to notice how much attention was given to the packaging v...

Discussing 3 Coffee Tasting Attributes

  As a novice coffee taster, my attention has been drawn to the attribute scale (three bars) on the packages used by Thomas Hammer Coffee. The three attributes of coffee measured by these bars are: roast, body, and acidity. Professional coffee tasters know the intensity of these three attributes and their effects on the way coffee is experienced in consumption. As a novice, I do not. I have made it my duty to try a couple of Hammer’s coffees with different attribute scales and learn what it is professional coffee tasters are experiencing. Before I begin, other novices like me may want to know how these attributes are determined. I have briefly researched these attributes and will go over my discoveries here. The first attribute is “roast.” There are many ways to roast coffee. A large drum roaster using heated air is commonly used in commercial coffee roasting. The three most common levels of coffee roasting discussed are light, medium, and dark. When coffee is roasted, the beans wi...

Four Sigmatic Focus Organic Coffee

In the gourmet coffee aisle, I see the same brands, often they stock their takes on the same flavors and roasts, but this time I almost overlooked something different. For this tasting I chose Four Sigmatic Focus Organic Coffee. While the packaging is top quality, its graphical design is not as eye-catching as the other brands. What captures my attention about it is its claim of mental clarity and energy. These terms are subjective, but in my experience mental clarity is always desirable. Today’s fast-paced world can be unforgiving; some clarity is always appreciated. The subjectivity of mental clarity led me to the decision of trying this coffee over a period of two days rather than one. Before I talk about this coffee, I bring up a caveat on the package: “consult your physician before use if you are pregnant, lactating, have a medical condition or are taking any medication.” I believe all natural supplements are subjected to such warnings. I’ll let buyers make their own judgments. My...