Skip to main content

Four Sigmatic Focus Organic Coffee


In the gourmet coffee aisle, I see the same brands, often they stock their takes on the same flavors and roasts, but this time I almost overlooked something different. For this tasting I chose Four Sigmatic Focus Organic Coffee. While the packaging is top quality, its graphical design is not as eye-catching as the other brands. What captures my attention about it is its claim of mental clarity and energy. These terms are subjective, but in my experience mental clarity is always desirable. Today’s fast-paced world can be unforgiving; some clarity is always appreciated. The subjectivity of mental clarity led me to the decision of trying this coffee over a period of two days rather than one.

Before I talk about this coffee, I bring up a caveat on the package: “consult your physician before use if you are pregnant, lactating, have a medical condition or are taking any medication.” I believe all natural supplements are subjected to such warnings. I’ll let buyers make their own judgments.

My third cup of this coffee, unsweetened, is smooth with a dark, skillfully roasted flavor of arabica coffee beans. Along with the arabica beans is the noted chocolatey consistency of the coffee’s presence and a distant organic flavor that works with the overall taste of the brew. It is a very good dark roast coffee without the heavy consistency of most dark roasts. There is no aftertaste or lingering flavor. I am unaware of any hints of acidity in the brew. I enjoyed both cups of this brand as black with no additives.

My fourth cup of this coffee, with a packet of sweetener, tastes better with the added distinction of its chocolate flavor rather than just a chocolate consistency of smooth, richness. The dark roasted beans, prepared masterfully, with the sweetened chocolate (not excessive), and the distant earthiness of supplementary ingredients (mushrooms) is as inviting as it is a welcoming familiar experience of good dark roasted coffee. I wasn’t aware of any earthiness in this coffee until I tried the last few drinks left in the pour-over container.

Regarding the coffee’s claim to mental clarity and energy, I cannot be absolute about my subjective interpretations of sensing feelings or experiencing daily routines differently. Any energy can be associated with its caffeination; granted, such energy is less jittery. As a positive distinction, I believe my self-awareness is greater having tried this coffee. This is a liberally general statement, so I leave such experiences for consumers to delineate after trying this coffee for themselves.


My assessment of this coffee is that it is extremely enjoyable. I could drink it daily if it was priced and sold in plastic tubs like the budget brand coffees. Something for consumers and anybody interested in this coffee to look into is a very informed, interesting, and well-presented website for this coffee brand at: https://us.foursigmatic.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Draft Mule, Runaway Wagon, Dark Roast Coffee

  For this tasting of Draft Mule, Runaway Wagon dark roast coffee I needed a second day to be sure of what I was experiencing. Draft Mule, dark roast coffee smells and appears reminiscent of coffee from a plastic tub. Its smell is innocuous in the bag, but when poured out is less than desirable. It is a coarse grind and is not what I would call a dark roast appearance. After pouring hot water through it, there is a dark tint rather than an opaque liquidity, like a good dark roast. The packaging is enticing, it made me want to try it. The package appears simple and practical, like a paper bag with a mule on the front. Draft Mule’s package is designed well; in fact, it is overengineered. Its graphics catch the eye because of how exact they are. The paper bag is actually a plastic insulated containment pouch with a pull tab that exposes a zip lock access hole. After scooping some of the coffee into my pour-over funnel I started to notice how much attention was given to the packaging v...

Discussing 3 Coffee Tasting Attributes

  As a novice coffee taster, my attention has been drawn to the attribute scale (three bars) on the packages used by Thomas Hammer Coffee. The three attributes of coffee measured by these bars are: roast, body, and acidity. Professional coffee tasters know the intensity of these three attributes and their effects on the way coffee is experienced in consumption. As a novice, I do not. I have made it my duty to try a couple of Hammer’s coffees with different attribute scales and learn what it is professional coffee tasters are experiencing. Before I begin, other novices like me may want to know how these attributes are determined. I have briefly researched these attributes and will go over my discoveries here. The first attribute is “roast.” There are many ways to roast coffee. A large drum roaster using heated air is commonly used in commercial coffee roasting. The three most common levels of coffee roasting discussed are light, medium, and dark. When coffee is roasted, the beans wi...