Skip to main content

Day One: Ideas


Today I thought I should try finding a convenient number of words for a daily blog or journal. I believe that I should try social media, but the site I would like to use, Bluesky, only allows 300 characters. It’s not much. It’s not what I would consider a content rich post. Of course, this modern world has a different idea of content. I know I am not that old, but things seem to change fast. So, I am writing to see how many words, not characters, seems an appropriate amount for entertaining content in my opinion. This is 100. 

Given the paragraph above, it becomes easier to see what a digestible amount of short, entertaining content may look like. I also need several words that will give me some writing practice and jog my Intelect daily. My spelling is poor. I often use Google to learn the spelling of words I do not use often. I also use google to look up words for more concise sentences and content. Of course, I will ramble here. I am experimenting. Which isn’t to say, I won’t be experimenting every day. I have tried to write something every day before, like this. 

It appears that 300 words will suit my ideals. I do not believe that it is an overwhelming amount of content, and it will give me some writing practice. With a manageable number of words, I can practice condensing and expanding my content. Another reason for content management is people. It is good to have people who enjoy reading see your writing. I could use some development. I don’t believe my skills are at a professional level and am also not audience savvy. I am a very isolated individual. Some writing suggestions and broad topics could be a great help. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Draft Mule, Runaway Wagon, Dark Roast Coffee

  For this tasting of Draft Mule, Runaway Wagon dark roast coffee I needed a second day to be sure of what I was experiencing. Draft Mule, dark roast coffee smells and appears reminiscent of coffee from a plastic tub. Its smell is innocuous in the bag, but when poured out is less than desirable. It is a coarse grind and is not what I would call a dark roast appearance. After pouring hot water through it, there is a dark tint rather than an opaque liquidity, like a good dark roast. The packaging is enticing, it made me want to try it. The package appears simple and practical, like a paper bag with a mule on the front. Draft Mule’s package is designed well; in fact, it is overengineered. Its graphics catch the eye because of how exact they are. The paper bag is actually a plastic insulated containment pouch with a pull tab that exposes a zip lock access hole. After scooping some of the coffee into my pour-over funnel I started to notice how much attention was given to the packaging v...

Discussing 3 Coffee Tasting Attributes

  As a novice coffee taster, my attention has been drawn to the attribute scale (three bars) on the packages used by Thomas Hammer Coffee. The three attributes of coffee measured by these bars are: roast, body, and acidity. Professional coffee tasters know the intensity of these three attributes and their effects on the way coffee is experienced in consumption. As a novice, I do not. I have made it my duty to try a couple of Hammer’s coffees with different attribute scales and learn what it is professional coffee tasters are experiencing. Before I begin, other novices like me may want to know how these attributes are determined. I have briefly researched these attributes and will go over my discoveries here. The first attribute is “roast.” There are many ways to roast coffee. A large drum roaster using heated air is commonly used in commercial coffee roasting. The three most common levels of coffee roasting discussed are light, medium, and dark. When coffee is roasted, the beans wi...

Four Sigmatic Focus Organic Coffee

In the gourmet coffee aisle, I see the same brands, often they stock their takes on the same flavors and roasts, but this time I almost overlooked something different. For this tasting I chose Four Sigmatic Focus Organic Coffee. While the packaging is top quality, its graphical design is not as eye-catching as the other brands. What captures my attention about it is its claim of mental clarity and energy. These terms are subjective, but in my experience mental clarity is always desirable. Today’s fast-paced world can be unforgiving; some clarity is always appreciated. The subjectivity of mental clarity led me to the decision of trying this coffee over a period of two days rather than one. Before I talk about this coffee, I bring up a caveat on the package: “consult your physician before use if you are pregnant, lactating, have a medical condition or are taking any medication.” I believe all natural supplements are subjected to such warnings. I’ll let buyers make their own judgments. My...